Billing & Payment Specialist II (A/R Collections) - (Remote)
As a Billing & Payment Specialist II (A/R Collections) at Weedmaps, you have a passion for delivering high quality customer service and building rapport..
In this role, you will be responsible for onboarding each client to our billing policy, sharing what their payment options are, and executing the collection of their first payment. You will also be responsible for the collection of payments on a monthly basis for an assigned list of clients. You will be expected to follow all standard operating procedures and compliances.
Your passion for delivering world class customer service and the cannabis industry, coupled with your accounts receivable experience will allow you to provide exceptional service through email, phone, and SMS to guarantee that experience for each end-user is positive, helpful, and secure.
The Impact You'll Make:
- Support Sales Team by auditing Weedmaps advertising products to validate that they are correctly booked, and payment is correctly received and documented
- Administer core sales processes for Weedmaps advertising products
- Execute the closing of all sales opportunities
- Outbound call, email and SMS assigned clients to manage accounts receivable for all monthly payments; following all standard operating procedures for documenting communications and payments
- Execute cancellations
- As assigned, execute the verification process for approving client’s licenses with various State Licensing Authorities
- Monitor and address aging accounts
- Additional tasks as assigned
What you've accomplished:
- BS / BA Degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience in A/R, collections
- 2+ years experience in customer service
- 1 year experience with Salesforce
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Efficient organizational skills and the ability to multitask and prioritize in a high-volume, fast-paced environment
- Capable of quickly adapting to new responsibilities and meeting new expectations in a rapidly growing company and industry
- Ability to work independently with systematic troubleshooting techniques, judgment, and problem-solving skills
- 100% paid employee monthly Medical, Dental and Vision premiums AND 80% paid dependent monthly premiums
- HMO (California residents only) and PPO option offered through United Healthcare
- Company-paid $50,000 in Basic Life/AD&D (Accidental Death and Dismemberment) coverage
- 401(k) Retirement Plan: 100% match on the first 1%. 50% match from 2-6% of employee contributions
- 3 weeks PTO (accrued) and 5 sick days (immediate)
- Supplemental, voluntary benefits
- Kindbody (family planning/fertility) including up to $10,000 towards cash-pay services
- Goodly (Student Loan Repayment/529 Education Savings) including a company contribution of up to $1,000/year
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical, Dependent, Transit and Parking)
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Critical Illness
- Accident Insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Pet Insurance
- Paid parental leave
- During current work-from-home:
- Reimbursements for home office setup and monthly WiFi
- 11 company-paid holidays
- Catered lunch and snacks provided while working in the office
- Snack boxes sent straight to your door during work-from-home
- Casual work environment, read no fancy clothes required, but you are free to dress to the nines!
- Monthly virtual happy hours
- Quarterly all-hands meetings
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking for the smartest and most passionate people who want to join our team and develop the services, systems, and marketplaces that will serve the marijuana industry in the decades to come. Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Applicants may be entitled to reasonable accommodations under the terms of the ADA and state/local laws. Please inform us if you need assistance participating in the interview process.
Founded in 2008, WM Technology is a leading technology and software infrastructure provider to the cannabis industry, comprising a B2C platform, Weedmaps, and B2B software, WM Business. The cloud-based SaaS solutions from WM Business provide an end-to-end operating system for cannabis retailers. WM Business’ tools support compliance with the complex, disparate, and constantly evolving regulations applicable to the cannabis industry. Through its website and mobile apps, WM Technology provides consumers with the latest information about cannabis retailers, brands, and products, facilitating product discovery and driving engagement with our retail and brand customers.
WM Technology holds a strong belief in the power of cannabis and the importance of enabling safe, legal access to consumers worldwide. Since inception, WM Technology has worked tirelessly, not only to become the most comprehensive platform for consumers, but to build the software solutions that power businesses compliantly in the space, to advocate for legalization, social equity, and licensing in many jurisdictions, and to facilitate further learning through partnering with subject matter experts on providing detailed, accurate information about the plant.
Headquartered in Irvine, California, WM Technology supports remote work for all eligible employees. Visit us at www.weedmaps.com.