The Supervisor, Retail Operations (the “Supervisor) is responsible for assisting the Manager with interfacing, consulting with qualified patient and caregiver and administering approved medical marijuana products. The Supervisor oversees all activities related to the operation of the Dispensing Facility to include patient identification and registration, record retention, product tracking and inventory control as directed by the Manager.
Major Areas of Responsibility include:
- The Supervisor, Retail Operations ensures compliance with all Compassionate Use of Medical Cannabis Pilot Program rules and regulations governing the Act, and directly supervises the activity within the dispensary to include dispensary staff training and education in the absence of the Manager and as directed.
- The Supervisor, Retail Operations provides management and leadership in the Dispensing Facility to include monitoring all point of sale transactions.
- The Supervisor, Retail Operations manages patient specific logs as required, the receipt, storage and auditing of all inventory, and is responsible for ordering new inventory and supplies, maintaining accurate records using BioTrackTHC, the Dispensing Facility’s inventory tracking software program.
- As the responsible party at the Dispensing Facility, this position resolves all inventory discrepancies and patient-staff conflicts.
- The Supervisor, Retail Operations is responsible for the development of the Dispensing Facility’s privacy policies and procedures, the security and confidentiality of all patient information, as well as overall compliance with HIPAA.
- This position acts as a liaison internally between all staff, dispensary management team and the Manager, and externally between the Dispensing Facility and law enforcement, Commissioner of Health, and the local
- Directs and monitors department managers to accomplish goals of the plan, consistent with established and safety procedures.
- Establishes methods to follows the operating plan in compliance with the Compassionate Use of Medical Cannabis Pilot Program, maintaining records required by public health law and ensures quality assurance plans, including but limited to plans to detect, identify and prevent dispensing errors related to product packaging and labeling.
- Manages and implements policies and procedures for any retesting of returned approved medical marijuana products, storage and disposal and meeting reporting requirements for adverse events and product recall.
- This position is responsible for assisting with implementing and maintaining security systems for tracking, record keeping, record retention and surveillance related to all product at every stage of, storage, delivery, transporting, and
- Development of an employee-oriented company culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, teamwork, and high performance.
- Implement HR policies and programs in support of company Direct all compliance efforts for the company to minimize risk.
- Ensure job descriptions for all positions are accurate and
- Conduct investigations; respond to unemployment claims, EEOC, DOL, and/or employee relation issues such as employee complaints, harassment allegations, and civic rights Settle grievances in coordination with Senior Counsel.
- Conduct exit interviews analyze data and make recommendations to the management team for corrective action and continuous improvement.
- Create organizational development and employee training
- Conduct performance reviews with department managers & monitor employee productivity, attitudes, and performance results.
- Implement HR related software systems in collaboration with IT
- Recruit and retain top quality staff for each department; conduct interviews. Manage talent acquisition and workforce management
- Build a quality assurance program that is tied to performance review
- Develop progressive and proactive compensation and benefit programs to provide motivation, incentives and rewards for effective Manage leave administration practices.
- Maintain excellent facilities conducive to enhancing employee
- Provide company-wide communication & manage
- Ensure employee safety, wellness, and health &
Minimum Qualifications (Skills, Knowledge & Abilities):
- All applicants must be at least 21 years of age.
- Possession of a bachelor’s degree or 3 years of experience at a management administrative level with an emphasis on employee relations and talent
- Experience must include hands-on responsibility for the full scope of human resources activities, both operations and analysis.
- Must be passionate about handling all aspects of a retail operation to include staffing schedules, compliance, inventory control, purchasing and theft prevention and product
- Demonstrated management and leadership skills in a high growth environment are
- Operations management to include production oversight and
- Excellent and effective consulting
- Strong conflict management
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation
- Solid business acumen, management reporting, and problem-solving
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including listening, coaching &
- Strong leadership, project management & time management
- Excellent written, verbal and non-verbal communication
- Ability to develop strong relationships and experience working with senior level
- Ability to prepare written reports and correspondence, and presentations to senior leadership as required.
- Ability to manage and administer a broad range of tasks including resolving complaints counseling managers and employees on the interpretation of policies, procedures and
- Ability to objectively coach employees and management through complex, difficult and emotional
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships in order to gain support and achieve results both internally and externally.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions in a manner consistent with confident
- Ability to organize and prioritize
Travel %: 0
FLSA status: Non-exempt
Additional Abilities Required:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, or sit for extended periods of time, use hands to perform manual tasks, and lift or move up to 10 pounds (or more with assistance). Must be able to speak and communicate verbally with co-workers, customers, vendors, etc. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts the company’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any Reasonable accommodations may be made in appropriate circumstances to enable individuals to perform the essential functions of the position.