Montu is a leading Australian medical cannabis company facilitating efficient patient access to life-changing medication. We have built an integrated cannabis ecosystem, which streamlines the experience for patients end-to-end, and sets new standards in cannabis care.
As one of the fastest growing businesses in the market and following two record-breaking investment rounds, Montu is actively looking to expand the team to take the company to the next level. Join us on our mission to improve the lives of millions of patients with medical cannabis therapies
About The Role
We are looking for an experienced Assistant Accountant to support our Finance Manager as the business continues to expand. In this fully remote, work from home position, you will be provide essential support by performing a range of accounting tasks as listed below.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with day-to-day accounting duties
- Reconciliation of sales invoices and review of accounts receivable
- Assist with general accounts payable and accounts receivable duties
- Contact customers and vendors as necessary to ensure accurate and on-time payments
- Manage ledgers and ensure accurate financial record keeping across departments
- Preparation and processing of month end reporting up to the trial balance stage
- Processing of accruals, prepayments, and subsequent journals
- Overseeing or assisting with the Fixed Assets Register
- Reconciliations including general Ledger and balance Sheet
- Managing inter-company transactions
You will have an eye for detail as well as:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or a related field
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role
- Working knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft Office Suite productivity tools
- Ability to quickly learn and utilise industry specific accounting tools
- Strongly detail-oriented with a heavy focus on maintaining accuracy and integrity of accounts
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multitask across different types of accounting related projects
- Ability to work within strict deadlines and reporting timetables
You will be joining a highly motivated dynamic international team, with proven company builders and backers. Your ideas and contribution will be highly valued and directly influence the direction and progress of the business.
You will also enjoy:
- Joining an expanding global company in its exciting growth phase
- A collaborative, focused and driven culture that rewards high achievers
- Competitive salary and package
- Opportunity for remote work
- Shaping the future of the cannabis industry as it evolves into a multibillion-dollar market
Please note that we will not accept unsolicited CVs from recruitment agencies/third parties, and we will not be liable or responsible for any fees or costs associated with unsolicited CVs sent.