**Area Sales Manager
****About The Role
The Area Sales Manager** will report to the Regional Sales Director and be expected to be the expert on the local cannabis landscape which includes detailed knowledge of the retail operations, cannabis marketing-outlets, market and industry leaders, decision makers, macroeconomic issues and key competitors.
**What You Would Be Doing
As an Area Sales Manager (ASM)** you are responsible for tracking, recording, and monitoring sales teams within a region. You will use your detailed knowledge of Leafly and the cannabis industry to coach and develop your direct reports of Account Executives & Customer Success Managers to maximize the key performance metrics of the markets while exceeding revenue targets.These metrics include:
- Increase the number of retailers & overall penetration/saturation, product adoption, inventory management, and local customer (cannabis consumer) levels in order to deliver on your revenue plan.
- Provide insight to senior leadership on Business Development Representatives (BDR), Customer Success Managers (CSM) and Account Executives (AE’s) performance to assist with employee eligibility for, among other things, merit increases, bonuses and promotional and transfer opportunities.
- Think critically to develop and execute strategies in order to acquire and retain retailers on our platform through data and processes.
- Develop and promote high engagement with retailers to utilize all of Leafly’s products and services
- Provide feedback, coaching and disciplinary action (up to and including termination or discharge of employment) to employees, or effectively recommend such actions, to help improve employee performance.
- Resolve and adjust employee concerns and grievances.
- Be the face of Leafly, build the Leafly brand in local markets and at industry trade shows.
- You are responsible for fostering and maintaining key accounts (strategic partnerships) in your area.
- You are responsible for the day to day Leadership of your team.
- Partner with Account Executives to conduct renewal meetings, understand goals and objectives, and make recommendations to secure renewals, grow revenue, and build strong partnerships
- Conduct intervention calls and meetings with at-risk customers
- Facilitate communications (written and verbal) and objection handling to prevent customers from canceling
- Identify upsell opportunities for Account Executive (counterpart)
- Advocate customer needs/issues cross-departmentally and own communication back to the customer in order to address their concerns.
- Have a deep understanding of your territory, including product landscape and market dynamics, and be able to effectively understand and communicate how Leafly should expand in that market
- Expected to travel in market, visiting retailers, at a minimum 20% of the time
*What You Bring
- Minimum 2 years leadership in sales and/or operations
- Sales development and strategy experience with online distribution or ecommerce experience a plus
- Minimum of 4 years of relationship management experience, preferably in online media and/or advertising sales
- Previous sales experience in meeting and exceeding revenue goals
- Strong experience coaching, developing, and motivating sales professionals
- Creative problem-solving skills and a commitment to execution of task; solution oriented
- Computer literate with Salesforce CRM, Google, and other digital marketing systems and social media networks
- Demonstrated success working cross-functionally
- Solid understanding of web-based advertising and/or SaaS sales
- Excellent and poised written and verbal communications skills
- Knowledgeable about Leafly and general interest in cannabis industry and legalization
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
*What Leafly Can Offer
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Equity plan
- Unlimited Vacation
- Full coverage on health & dental plans
- 401k matching up to 3.5%
- Pet Insurance
- Flexible work schedule
- Fully remote with WFH allowance
- Cell Phone allowance
**Leafly is on a mission to empower consumers, retailers, and brands in the cannabis space. Built as a strain database more than a decade ago, Leafly has since grown into the leading legal cannabis marketplace in the U.S. helping over 100 million annual visitors discover the right cannabis for them and buy it from local dispensaries, for pickup or delivery.
What’s more, Leafly is the world’s largest trusted resource for cannabis education, information, news, and trends. From our extensive strain database and Cannabis 101 to our flagship Jobs Report and Social Impact hub, Leafly plays a vital role in destigmatizing cannabis and helping consumers understand the power the plant can play in their own lives. We also partner with other mission-driven organizations to build a more just and equitable industry for all.
But here’s what you really want to know: a career at Leafly is exciting, rewarding, and ripe with opportunities for growth. We value creative thinkers, and offer competitive salary and benefits, excellent perks, incredible work culture, and the promise that you’ll never be bored. As a company, we’ve done some pretty amazing things—but none of it is possible without the amazing people who make up our team. If you join us, you can be sure that you’ll be joining a strong, innovative, and passionate group of individuals on a mission to change the world for the better.
The job description is representative of typical duties and responsibilities for the position and is not all-inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned in accordance with business needs. Prior cannabis convictions are not an automatic disqualifier. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics. A background check will be conducted after a conditional offer of employment is extended.