APPLICATIONS SUPPORT ANALYST
Job location: Anywhere in Canada
Employment type: Full-time permanent employment in a remote work-setting
Division: Information Services (IS)
Number of positions available: 2
Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday
A little about us
Hi, we’re Aurora Cannabis, and we’re so excited to meet you!
We’re a global cannabis company driven by our passion to help people improve their lives. We have a diverse team who bring their best every day so Aurora can be the cannabis provider of choice for patients and consumers. We love our work, and we especially love our high quality, innovative brands that make up the Aurora family – from Aurora, Aurora Drift, San Rafael ’71 and Whistler.
Our people combined with our collective passion for the industry is what makes Aurora a special place to work and defines what we call our “A-Team”. We are a high-performing team of cannabis experts, innovators, and champions, that work, learn and win together. We think BIG, act BOLD and execute with PURPOSE in all that we do, and will stop at nothing to cultivate the ultimate cannabis experience for our community.
You’re looking to refresh your career in IT and sync with a company that connects you to dashboard of opportunities. You thrive in a digital environment where you can work remotely and unplug easily to achieve the ultimate work-life balance – and we have the perfect space for you to do this.
Upload your career with Aurora by joining us as our newest Applications Support Analyst. In this role, you will collaborate with our dynamic IS team to provide the ultimate client support and experience with our applications. You will unleash your technical talents by navigating the functions of our applications, troubleshooting issues, and providing IS support to our team, while reporting to the Manager, IS Applications. Ready to download your next career opportunity? Here is what you need to know...
As the Applications Support Analyst, you will…
- Facilitate application system support for custom developed applications and Commercial Off-the-Shelf (COTS) products
- Proactively identify, catalog, and prioritize application issues, then provide accurate and timely resolution of these issues
- Provide technical support to users and key stakeholders to ensure the quality of applications by troubleshooting and escalating issues with team members and performing user and system maintenance activities
- Collaborate with the IS team to ensure consistent application practices by evaluating and improving processes and developing system documentation, articles, and training materials
- Participate in application auditing and user access reviews as part of IT General Controls and compliance requirements
You’re the perfect fit for this role because you have…
- Post-secondary education, such as a College Diploma, in a recognized academic program like Engineering or Computer Science (these credentials appear to match the candidate profile we are looking for but we’re ready to be convinced otherwise)
- Three years of relevant work experience in an application or technical care role providing end-user support and one year of experience using ServiceNow or other incident management software
- Strong knowledge and experience with IT operational process frameworks (such as ITIL or COBIT), MS Office Suite, software requirements for auditing systems, infrastructure tools (firewalls etc.) and computer systems technology, programming, design techniques, and Software Development Lifecyle methodologies (we would also welcome an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience)
Bonus points if you have…
- Prior work experience in the cannabis industry and experience supporting applications such as Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Sage X3, Mulesoft and Sharepoint Online
We can’t wait to hear from you if you are…
- A self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment and can prioritize and execute tasks quickly while having fun and being the best
- A natural communicator who can convey complex information in simple terms and has experience training others
- An analytical professional who can spot a mistake a mile away and can navigate any challenge with a positive attitude
- A client-centric champion who is passionate about helping others and collaborating in a team dynamic
Why you’ll love working at Aurora
Our people are at the heart of everything we do here at Aurora, and we take pride in fostering an inclusive space that inspires our team to love where they work! From rewarding career opportunities to flexible work environments to team activities, we go above and beyond to prioritize your success and here’s how we do it…
Flexibility: you will enjoy a flexible work environment that is the perfect blend of work and fun! You will be empowered to achieve work-life balance with flexible hours, remote work options, vacation time, meeting-free-Friday-afternoons and more!
Total rewards: we will motivate you to go above and beyond with a competitive salary, stock options, an RSP program, annual bonuses, and a health and personal care spending account for you to use for gym memberships, ski passes or staycations.
Benefits: we will foster your health and wellness (and your dependents) with our employee benefits package including, employer-paid health and dentalcare premiums, life insurance and LTD policies and a medical cannabis coverage program, designed exclusively for our A-Team, that will provide you with $3,000 of coverage each year (because we truly believe cannabis is the best medicine).
Life-long learning: we’re lifelong learners here at Aurora and will invest in your professional development throughout all aspects of your career! You will have access to a tuition assistance program, virtual learning activities and annual performance reviews, to ensure you are provided with the toolkit and support you need to succeed.
Perks: we love to celebrate our people by providing corporate perks including employee discounts, perkopolis memberships, company SWAG, paid volunteer time, modern technology and snacks and beverages at all our office locations.
Team: we are a diverse and global team of cannabis enthusiasts, energetic innovators, fitness gurus, caring parents, foodies and more, with a collective passion to nurture an inclusive environment that helps you grow and provide people better days with medical cannabis.
Think you have what it takes to join our team? So do we! Apply today by submitting your resume along with salary expectations through our website. You can expect your application to be reviewed by a human recruiter (not a robot) shortly after you apply, and our team will contact you via email if we see a fit.
Think you’re the ideal candidate but you don’t meet all the requirements? Apply anyways! We would love to review your application to see if you’re the right fit or find you an alternative opportunity.
Not the role for you? Share this posting with a friend or colleague that you think may be interested while subscribing to our Talent Community to learn more about upcoming opportunities through our Aurora Careers Page (hot tip: if you are already an Aurora employee, take advantage of the employee referral program by referring this position to a friend! If they are successful, you will receive a bonus!)
Diversity and inclusion
At Aurora, we are proud to foster and celebrate a diverse community of professionals! We take pride in nurturing an inclusive culture that empowers our people to be their authentic selves, celebrate their differences and love where they work.
Our diverse community combined with our inclusive culture, is what sets us apart in the industry and equips our A-Team with superpowers – and this is why, we encourage all candidates to apply for job opportunities regardless of race, national origin, colour, religion, age, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital and family status, disability, or any other identifying characteristic. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site or alternate format of job posting) during the recruitment and selection process, please do not hesitate to let our team know!
Health and safety
Our mission at Aurora has always been to improve the health and wellness of our core community. We strive to create a safe, healthy, and inclusive environment for our team and strongly believe introducing a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy will help us achieve this.
As of February 2022, Aurora has introduced a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for all employees and as a condition of employment, all candidates must provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or receive an approved medical or human rights accommodation prior to commencing employment with Aurora. If proof of vaccination is not provided or a request for accommodation is not approved, the offer of employment will be rescinded.
If applicable, Aurora Human Resources will contact you via your email address provided. We do not contact candidates over Facebook or other Social Media apps. You will never be requested to provide confidential information such as banking information or your Social Insurance Number in the interview process.