The Ontario Cannabis Store provides safe, responsible access to recreational cannabis for adults 19 and older. We operate the provincial online store for recreational cannabis in Ontario and are the exclusive provincial wholesaler to authorized private retail stores.
Working at the OCS is a unique opportunity to be part of an agile start-up in a ground-breaking new industry. We’re a diverse team passionate about delivering a great customer experience, working together with mutual respect and building value out of our differences. We’re an inclusive organization that understands that delivering great results comes out of ensuring every voice is heard.
About the Role
We are looking for an Administrative Assistant to join our Corporate Affairs & Social Responsibility Team. The Administrative Assistant provides confidential administrative support to the Vice-President and Department Leads. The Administrative Assistant will liaise with other departments and external stakeholders to coordinate calendars, schedule meetings, arrange and process travel requests, undertake research and data gathering and assist with various other ad hoc requests by the department as needed.
In this role, you will use your MS Office skills to prepare PowerPoint presentations, create excel spreadsheets, manage SharePoint sites, and prepare written correspondence. You will be responsible for ensuring that confidentiality of information is maintained, while displaying a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail, and that all administrative functions run smoothly. and efficiently.
About Your Day
- Schedule and assist with calendar management for the Vice-President, Department Leaders and Team Members
- Manage and organize daily requests and queries for the Vice-President
- Organize and attend meetings, prepare agendas, take meeting minutes as needed, and ensure follow up reports are completed and shared as required
- Review, prepare and edit all documents, reports, presentations and correspondence as required
- Maintain a paper and electronic filing systems, ensuring effective file management and confidentially of documentation
- Organize business travel arrangements for the department
- Complete and submit accurate travel expense claims
- Assist with events as needed
- Post-Secondary Degree or higher
- Minimum of 1-2 years of administrative experience in a corporate environment
- Intermediate MS Office skills (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint)
- Strong prioritization, ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple demands
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- High level accuracy and attention to detail
- Superior customer service skills
- Decision making and problem-solving skills
- Ability to exercise good judgement and high level of discretion with confidential matters
- This position offers a Hybrid work schedule. You will be required to be in the office a minimum of 1 day each week, with the ability to work from home for the remaining workdays (subject to specific business needs requiring office attendance)
- When working from home, a reliable internet connection is required. Remote work is supported with cloud-based applications and collaboration tools (i.e., MS Teams)
About the Job
- City: Toronto, ON
- Employment Type: Permanent Full-Time
- Required Travel: Rare, usually within the GTA
- Application Deadline: June 27, 2022 at 11:59PM
We are committed to providing an accessible, equitable and inclusive candidate and employee experience. We provide reasonable accommodation throughout the recruitment process and in employment. If you require an accommodation, please let us know, we will work with you to meet your needs