As the leading cannabis multi-state operator (MSO), AYR Wellness is on a journey to be a force for good; and it all starts with our belief in the power and potential of the plant.
We believe in creating an environment in which we can all flourish, one where every individual can find their genius and pursue their passion, because it’s this dedication to creating a culture of excellence, one where we’re all empowered to achieve our dreams, that will propel us forward. We’re a company that puts our people first. A place where talent is rewarded, diversity is celebrated, and innovative thinking is championed and we believe that together we can build a better and brighter future for ourselves, our industry, and our world.
Join us as we create wonder together.
Ayr Wellness is seeking an Accounts Payable Manager (On-site), who will assist directly in overseeing the development and performance of the company’s Accounts Payable team in our Miami, FL office. The ideal candidate for this position will be a skilled finance professional responsible for, reconciling vendor accounts, managing the current Accounts Payable team, and assisting with other related duties as noted below. The Accounts Payable Manager will also be responsible for monitoring related internal control standards, developing analytical reports to support daily operations, and ensuring the integrity of all departmental work.
A successful candidate will be one who can further implement departmental efficiencies, maintain strong internal controls over the Accounts Payable process, and provide excellent customer service to both internal and external parties. This position will report directly to the VP of Finance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for oversight of the AP processes, procedures and team, including but not limited to compliance with policies and procedures, payment terms, exception management, etc.
- Ensure transaction coding/accounting records accuracy, PO matching 2-way and 3-way.
- Liaison between AP team, operations, procurement, and accounting to coordinate and resolve issues/inefficiencies
- Implement projects to migrate processes to more efficient methods and continue to evaluate existing procedures to discover opportunities for process improvement
- Assist in developing, documenting and enforcing accounts payable policies and procedures.
- Overseeing routine department activities, such as disbursing checks, to ensure that they are completed accurately and timely
- Manage the accounts payable staff, to include training, coaching, and performance appraisals.
- Building and maintaining relationships with employees, clients, and vendors
- Create and promote continuing professional learning and development program for team members
- Identify and establish key Accounts Payable metrics and targets (daily, weekly, monthly and annual)
- Assist Accounting team with month-end close processes, including A/P accruals and related account reconciliations
- Serve as liaison for the accounts payable department in providing resolution to invoice disputes and inquiries, both from external (i.e. vendors, auditors, etc.) parties and internal departments
- Prepare monthly aging analysis of open payables balances
- Supervise reconciliation of key vendor accounts and their balances
- Help with special projects and ad hoc tasks such as providing supporting documents to external auditors or management team
- Maintain necessary files for audit trail and assist in performance of internal/external audit of department activities
- Bachelor's Degree preferred and 5 or more years of related experience
- Three or more years of supervisory/management experience
- Intermediate Excel skills including V-lookups, pivot tables, etc.
- Strong process and analytical skills with proven ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Excellent Communication skills working with both internal/external customers/vendors
- Critical thinking, problem resolution, and detail oriented
- Experience with SOX- based control requirements
- Exposure to Financial Statement Audits (either as an Auditor or Client)
- Ability to work independently with little instruction in a highly organized manner
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to maintain a high level of accuracy
- Willingness to learn and up for a challenge
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and exciting environment
- Team player with excellent listening and problem-solving skills
- Professional demeanor and positive attitude
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Bachelor Degree is required, in Accounting is preferred
- CPA is preferred
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and filing cabinets.
- Occasional travel to dispensaries/manufacturing facility may be required.
- This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to move files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
- Frequently communicates with employees, supervisors and co-workers regarding HR related inquiries. Must be able to exchange absolute information.
- Constant movement and use of hands/fingers and limbs; this position requires good manual dexterity, coordination and stamina.
- Must be able to inspect documents and identify errors.
- Occasional lifting, positioning or moving items up to 15 pounds.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
We recognize it’s unrealistic for candidates to fulfill 100% of the criteria in a job ad. We encourage you to apply if you meet the majority of the requirements because we know that skills evolve over time. If you’re willing to learn and evolve alongside us, we want to hear from you!
AYR Wellness is committed to the policy that all persons have equal access to employment. We strongly encourage applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and the LGBTQ+ community, regardless of age, gender, religion, marital or veterans status.