Who we are:
Eaze is a cannabis delivery platform and marketplace that connects adult consumers with licensed dispensaries and products. Eaze has built a sophisticated logistics and technology platform to provide fast, efficient delivery of a broad variety of cannabis products across California. We are on a mission to enhance safe access to legal cannabis, educate people about cannabis as a tool for wellness, and drive smart cannabis policies.
We are looking for an Accounting Clerk with experience in both clerical and administrative tasks within the finance team. The Accounting Clerk will take care of general accounting tasks that involve reporting, bookkeeping, payroll, processing invoices, managing accounts payable requests and research, as well as the resolution of discrepancies related to any of the tasks he or she performs.
What you'll do:
- Data entry, including invoices, as well as vouchers, accounting statements, and other reports and records.
- Responsible for timely and accurate recording and payment of invoices, rents, and other payables.
- Input and process payroll and entering payroll data into the system database.
- Intermediate Excel skills.
- Complete daily bank reconciliations
- Work on various accounting projects as assigned.
- Personable and able to effectively interface with internal and external personnel.
- Possess strong math skills, computer skills, and great attention to detail.
- Responding to customer questions and resolving issues.
- Maintains accurate records and controls consistent with US GAAP.
- Assist with general accounting tasks, including G/L account reconciliation and month-end closing, and other ad hoc projects.
What you bring:
- Education: High School Diploma or GED. Accounting course work/degree desirable.
- Experience: Previous experience in an accounting and payroll
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting principles
- Accuracy in data entry skills
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and proprietary software
- Proficiency in English and in MS Office
- Customer service orientation and negotiation skills
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
Why you should join:
As an organization, we are keenly aware of the injustice of the war on drugs - which for so many years has been used to incarcerate black and latinx people on a massive scale. We are always trying to do our part to support these communities, whether it's through the promotion of social equity brands or funding underrepresented cannabis business founders through our accelerator program.
We strive to be an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourage people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Eaze does not discriminate by race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.