Weedmaps is looking to add an Account Strategist to work with some of the world’s fastest-growing advertisers to develop and strengthen client relationships, while growing Weedmaps market share with brands and retailers.
As an Account Strategist, you will leverage analytical, strategic, and relationship-building skills to advise customers on Weedmaps full suite of advertising and Saas products. Helping our clients adopt and utilize the right mix of products is critical to success in this role. You will be comfortable operating in a fast-paced sales environment, and will be able to adapt quickly to change, while maintaining a positive attitude. Attention to detail is also critical in ensuring sales are administered and booked properly.
The impact you'll make:
- Analyze customers’ marketing objectives and determine which Weedmaps advertising products and SaaS solutions will best achieve outcomes
- Advise Client Partners on upsell opportunities with existing customers (based on performance, new product launches, etc.)
- Advise customers how to optimize their Weedmaps listings and products to drive ROI, leveraging data and analytics.
- Lead ongoing client education for all product lines to support adoption and utilization
- Provide campaign updates to customers
- Support administration and booking of sales to new and existing customers
- Set up clients for ongoing billing and payments
- Maintain the consultative discovery process by understanding how the business currently operates and its pain points
- Clearly translate a client’s actual or potential ad spend
- Maintain updated contact information for the client and its decision makers
- Continuously improving client maturity and knowledge on the platform
- Responsible for leading new WM Business clients through the onboarding program
- Collect and submit real time qualitative feedback from clients around opportunities to improve our products and process
- Review all discovery notes prior to connecting with a new client to ensure you understand their business, its pain points, and its goals for using WM Business
What you've accomplished:
- BS/BA Degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience in account management or customer service (online, digital media, or software sales a plus)
- Experience working with ad technology and digital marketing solutions
- Experience working with Salesforce, including creating custom reports and analysis
- Comfort with, and ability to operate at an iterative, dynamic and fast pace environment
- Comfort with exercising own judgment and discretion in educating clients and making product recommendations
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present, and influence credibly and effectively
- 100% paid employee monthly Medical, Dental and Vision premiums AND 80% paid dependent monthly premiums
- HMO (California residents only) and PPO option offered through United Healthcare
- Company-paid $50,000 in Basic Life/AD&D (Accidental Death and Dismemberment) coverage
- 401(k) Retirement Plan: 100% match on the first 1%. 50% match from 2-6% of employee contributions
- 3 weeks PTO (accrued) and 5 sick days (immediate)
- Supplemental, voluntary benefits
- Kindbody (family planning/fertility) including up to $10,000 towards cash-pay services
- Goodly (Student Loan Repayment/529 Education Savings) including a company contribution of up to $1,000/year
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical, Dependent, Transit and Parking)
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Critical Illness
- Accident Insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Pet Insurance
- Paid parental leave
- During current work-from-home:
- Reimbursements for home office setup and monthly WiFi
- 11 company-paid holidays
- Catered lunch and snacks provided when working in the office
- Snack boxes sent straight to your door when you work-from-home
- Casual work environment, read no fancy clothes required, but you are free to dress to the nines!
- Monthly virtual happy hours
- Quarterly all-hands meetings
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking for the smartest and most passionate people who want to join our team and develop the services, systems, and marketplaces that will serve the marijuana industry in the decades to come. Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Applicants may be entitled to reasonable accommodations under the terms of the ADA and state/local laws. Please inform us if you need assistance participating in the interview process.
Founded in 2008, WM Technology is a leading technology and software infrastructure provider to the cannabis industry, comprising a B2C platform, Weedmaps, and B2B software, WM Business. The cloud-based SaaS solutions from WM Business provide an end-to-end operating system for cannabis retailers. WM Business’ tools support compliance with the complex, disparate, and constantly evolving regulations applicable to the cannabis industry. Through its website and mobile apps, WM Technology provides consumers with the latest information about cannabis retailers, brands, and products, facilitating product discovery and driving engagement with our retail and brand customers.
WM Technology holds a strong belief in the power of cannabis and the importance of enabling safe, legal access to consumers worldwide. Since inception, WM Technology has worked tirelessly, not only to become the most comprehensive platform for consumers, but to build the software solutions that power businesses compliantly in the space, to advocate for legalization, social equity, and licensing in many jurisdictions, and to facilitate further learning through partnering with subject matter experts on providing detailed, accurate information about the plant.
Headquartered in Irvine, California, WM Technology supports remote work for all eligible employees. Visit us at www.weedmaps.com.