Herb is the world’s largest and most engaged cannabis community.
Over the next decade, our mission is to create a global community of 100,000,000 conscious cannabis consumers and allow them to discover and buy the best cannabis products in the world.
We are looking to hire a superstar Account Management Director to run our Account Management team. As the Account Management Director at Herb, you’ll play a pivotal role with our customers. You will own the customer relationship ensuring that the customers we have acquired remain Herb customers. You will oversee the Account Management team that is responsible for onboarding, growing, and retaining customers. Reporting to the COO, you will be instrumental in developing the growth strategy and evolution of our client base. As the Account Management Director, you will need to bring a creative mindset, detail-oriented focus, and strategic vision to your approach to building and growing long-term partnerships across our client base. You will need to be comfortable in a “scaling environment” where change is not only expected but embraced for the opportunities it represents, plus the ability to stay agile without losing sight of key objectives. Your goal will be to build the infrastructure, team, and processes needed to scale this department to support a business that will grow 10x in the next 5 years. This is the perfect role for someone that loves to interact with customers and wants to own client retention at a fast-growing startup.
The Role & Responsibilities:
- Attract & retain top talent for your team while providing leadership & development opportunities.
- Own, build and/or improve KPIs, processes, frameworks, templates & reporting for effective client & portfolio management, and support the Account Management team to drive improved customer experience and satisfaction.
- Own our customer success strategy, including programs, playbooks, and retention plans that nurture and expand relationships with end-users, improve customer health, drive effective onboarding, minimize churn and grow accounts.
- Manage ongoing customer needs effectively to drive high customer retention and loyalty. Build strong, trusted, and influential relationships with strategic customer stakeholders, senior leadership, and within the cannabis industry.
- Engage with customer executives and other influential stakeholders to identify, define, track and measure the overall impact of Herb’s services on them and their organization.
- Lead the Account Management team to develop a renewal readiness action plan to address any obstacles limiting or creating renewal risk.
- Build an actionable Client Success & growth strategy by mapping accounts, stakeholders, and opportunities.
- Develop and deliver business reviews to customers highlighting goals, accomplishments, business impact, and recommendations.
- Use your deep understanding of Herb and industry insights to influence and advise stakeholders across the organization, to ensure our customers have a seamless, high-value experience and remain customers for the long term!
- Serve as a bridge between the client and our Account Management Team, Creative Teams, and Operations Teams with the goal of improving customer satisfaction and ensuring client success.
- Clearly communicate the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives, account metrics, portfolio KPIs, forecast and track revenue progress to internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to work under pressure, manage stressful situations, have outstanding organizational skills, strong attention to detail, analytical, and outstanding problem-solving skills.
For this role, you'll need:
- 5+ years management experience in Customer Success, Client Services, or related customer-facing positions.
- 3+ years of experience in a rapidly growing technology or media company.
- 3+ years managing and building a customer success team.
- Preferred experience managing remote teams.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office and Google applications
- Proficient in Pipedrive or other CRM software
- Experience with Slack or other internal communication software
- Experience with Asana or other similar task management software
- Experience supporting eCommerce companies is a plus.
- Able to be flexible and agile in responding to evolving business priorities and dealing with ambiguity.
- Able to collaborate across the organization and with external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated desire for continuous learning and improvement.
- An enthusiastic and creative leader with the ability to inspire others.
- Up-to-date knowledge of digital marketing trends and potential new channels and strategies.
- Expertise in handling digital media campaign reporting results.
- Ability to manage projects from start to finish.
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to prioritize and effectively manage time.
- High work standards and degree of attention to detail.
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- A high degree of stress tolerance; ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment; maintains composure when faced with difficult situations and personalities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and collaboration with others.
To Apply for this Position:
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. We are looking forward to reading your application. If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of cannabis around the world, send us your Linkedin, and a few samples of your work: portfolio, CV, resume, or whatever represents you best. Matt (email@example.com) is looking forward to reviewing your application.