ABOUT THE ROLE
As an Account Executive at Leafly, you will drive revenue by growing Leafly’s market penetration with legal cannabis retailers in your territory. Our SaaS and advertising products allow our clients to convert Leafly’s diverse, engaged audience into high average value orders and loyal customers. Sales duties will be focused on driving platform/ordering adoption with decision-makers at retail cannabis storefronts and delivery services that legally sell cannabis and cannabis-related products to consumers. This is a fast-paced work environment; the ability to work quickly and independently under pressure is essential.
Though most of your work will be done out of the office, the power of face-to-face interaction can be valuable, and travel within your territory may be required. We are looking for highly motivated individuals with strong communication and organization skills and an aptitude for understanding Leafly’s product and its value proposition. You must have a knack for challenging customers and closing deals. We are looking for people who are customer-first that can balance customer needs and business needs. You have to display a great effort, a constructive attitude, and deliver results. You must be able to dig into the details when needed and be able to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment. This is a dynamic position for a dynamic person!
WHAT YOU WOULD BE DOING
- Drive revenue and grow market share in a defined territory to meet or exceed monthly revenue targets; become a market expert able to provide valuable insights to prospects that will help them make the right buying decisions
- Consistently evaluate the total addressable market opportunity and manage available ad placement inventory
- Work independently as well as coordinate shared effort as part of a global sales team
- Employ a sense of urgency in lead qualification and follow-up
- Use customer relationship management software (Salesforce) to log all communication and record vital account and contact information
- Achieve individual penetration and revenue targets
- Work closely with leadership on sales strategy and forecast in order to create and manage a robust, healthy sales pipeline and funnel
- Work closely and collaboratively with the Sales Leadership Team and territory partners to develop and deliver an appropriate, relevant, and effective narrative for prospect and client communications
- Collect feedback to recommend improvements to existing or development of new products, services, and policies by evaluating results and competitive developments
- Maintain expert industry knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks
- Monitor competition by gathering and reporting current marketplace intel (pricing, products, new services, marketing strategies and merchandising techniques) to Sales Leadership
- Fully understand federal and provincial rules and regulations surrounding cannabis, cannabis retail, and advertising/marketing cannabis within assigned territory
- Travel across the United States and Canada may be required
WHAT YOU BRING
- Minimum of 2 years of sales experience, preferably B2B online media and/or advertising sales
- Creative problem-solving skills and a commitment to great activity, preparation, presentation and follow up
- Previous sales experience in which you demonstrated the ability to consistently exceed sales quotas
- Self-motivated with strong negotiation, contract execution, and closing talents
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience using Salesforce or other comparable CRM software
- Demonstrated success working collaboratively across different teams or departments
- Strong understanding of web-based advertising and/or SaaS sales
WHAT CAN HELP YOU STAND OUT
- Knowledgeable about Leafly and general interest in the cannabis industry and legalization
WHAT LEAFLY CAN OFFER
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Equity plan
- Unlimited vacation
- Full coverage on health & dental plans
- 401k employer matching up to 3.5%
- Pet insurance
- Flexible work schedule
- Fully remote with WFH allowance
- Cell phone allowance
Leafly is on a mission to empower consumers, retailers, and brands in the cannabis space. Built as a strain database more than a decade ago, Leafly has since grown into the leading legal cannabis marketplace in the U.S. helping over 100 million annual visitors discover the right cannabis for them and buy it from local dispensaries, for pickup or delivery.
What’s more, Leafly is the world’s largest trusted resource for cannabis education, information, news, and trends. From our extensive strain database and Cannabis 101 to our flagship Jobs Report and Social Impact hub, Leafly plays a vital role in destigmatizing cannabis and helping consumers understand the power the plant can play in their own lives. We also partner with other mission-driven organizations to build a more just and equitable industry for all.
But here’s what you really want to know: a career at Leafly is exciting, rewarding, and ripe with opportunities for growth. We value creative thinkers, and offer competitive salary and benefits, excellent perks, incredible work culture, and the promise that you’ll never be bored. As a company, we’ve done some pretty amazing things—but none of it is possible without the amazing people who make up our team. If you join us, you can be sure that you’ll be joining a strong, innovative, and passionate group of individuals on a mission to change the world for the better.
The job description is representative of typical duties and responsibilities for the position and is not all-inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned in accordance with business needs. Prior cannabis convictions are not an automatic disqualifier. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics. A background check will be conducted after a conditional offer of employment is extended.