Jane Technologies - Account Executive, Retail
Jane is building the future of eCommerce.
Jane Technologies, Inc. is looking for a high-performing Account Executive to help us build our business and our brand. We are currently hiring for an Account Executive to generate, develop, and close new business. The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of SaaS experience in a closing role; cannatech experience is a big plus.
The candidate will be familiar with the lead generation process, tireless in the pursuit of new business, and comfortable uncovering new opportunities via phone, email, in-person networking, LinkedIn, etc. We welcome and encourage a creative approach to the sales cycle; bring your own unique tools and capabilities. We love to test and learn, then pour gasoline on what works.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable interacting with the full spectrum of business owners, from "mom and pop" shops to multi-state operators. This position will be fully remote, but we encourage trips to our HQ in Santa Cruz (when the world opens again).
Professionalism, impeccable organization, and the ability to operate autonomously are all vital. The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator and display the ability to communicate complex (and new) ideas in a simple, digestible form.
Culture is the single most important component of Jane's success to date. A successful candidate will thrive in our environment of mutual support, relentless pursuit of excellence, creativity, and complete lack of ego.
Jane Technologies, Inc. is an MIT-founded eCommerce company in the cannabis industry, and we are growing extremely quickly. We believe in the cannabis industry's ability to bring well-being, health, and love into this world, and it is our mission to bring confidence to the online cannabis shopping experience. To learn more about who we are, our culture, and whether this is the right place for you, read our Key Values profile: https://www.keyvalues.com/jane. Check out our product at: https://www.iheartjane.com/.
- In partnership with our team of BDRs, identify, qualify, and win new business
- Identify client needs and develop persuasive sales pitches that align with business requirements
- Deliver effective sales presentations and on-site meetings
- Manage new leads all the way through to on-boarding
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to drive revenue
- Promote and advocate the Jane brand and values
- Develop creative solutions to sales challenges
- Salesforce database management
Other Important Functions
- Lead generation follow up activities, to include delivery of electronic material, appointment setting and client outreach.
- Conduct research to identify new market opportunities.
- Assist in the coordination, supervision and completion of special projects as appropriate.
- Account plan creation and collaboration with certified partners as lead generation engine.
- Account management to ensure the ongoing success of Jane partners.
Desired Background & Requirements
- Strong computer skills; experience working in Salesforce.com, Outreach, Vidyard, Jiminny
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities in a fast-paced environment; ability to work independently
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Proven negotiation and closing proficiency
- Excellent communication and follow-up skills
- A minimum 3-5 years working in a similar/related role for a technology-based firm (must be closing role)
- An associate's or bachelor's degree in a field of business or communication
Jane Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. EOE, including disability/vets.