ABOUT THE ROLE
Leafly is hiring an Account Director on our Brand Advertising Sales team to help drive client relationships and revenue through the acquisition, development, and strategic management of Leafly’s key advertising partners. Leafly is looking for someone with robust experience in online media sales, a solid understanding of digital media and advertising, direct experience building and maintaining enterprise level client relationships, and excellent communication skills.
Leafly’s brand advertising team is a growing group of highly skilled professionals that focuses on helping advertisers and agencies achieve their marketing objectives via advertising on the Leafly platform. You will be the face of Leafly to prospects and clients, helping medium and large businesses alike. As a key member of our growing sales team, you will be a critical part of shaping our sales strategy and influencing the company’s product roadmap. This role and team have high growth potential and is a major strategic focus at Leafly.
WHAT YOU WOULD BE DOING
- Manage and deepen relationships with existing advertising partners, both with agencies and directly with advertisers
- Establish mutually-beneficial relationships with new clients, educating them on Leafly and the value of the Leafly ads platform
- Uncover business initiatives and pain points that map back our solutions across multiple lines of business
- Work independently while collaborating effectively with internal sales leadership, ad operations, legal, product, and marketing teams on sales & product strategy
- Lead with solutions when identifying opportunities for improvements in products, service, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments
- Shape Leafly’s ad product and sales roadmap by aggregating and sharing client feedback and campaign metrics with cross-functional stakeholders
- Potential travel across North America
WHAT YOU BRING
- 7+ years of digital media sales and account management experience
- Experience closing sales and generating revenue with high achievement against monthly, quarterly, and annual sales targets
- Experience managing complex client relationships where the customer need, sales strategy, and opportunity are not well defined. Experience identifying and aggregating performance metrics and insights into effective narratives, with recommendations, to external senior leaders
- Strong client management skills and proven experience engaging with senior executives on marketing strategy
- A deep knowledge of traditional and digital media and its market landscape
- A deep understanding of the way businesses operate and the priorities that drive decisions from the C-level
- Ability to self-start, work independently, and produce outcomes quickly
- Excellent written, verbal, in-person, and video conference communication skills
- Proficient in Salesforce CRM, order management systems, Google Suite, Microsoft Office, Mac systems, and other digital marketing systems and social media networks
WHAT CAN HELP YOU STAND OUT
- A working understanding of programmatic advertising landscape in North America
- Strong relationships with non-endemic mainstream brands, endemic cannabis brands, and their agencies, is an asset
- Knowledge and passion for the cannabis industry
- Knowledge of online advertising, digital media consumption patterns, and branding measurement
WHAT LEAFLY CAN OFFER
- Competitive salary and commission structure
- Equity plan
- Unlimited vacation
- Full coverage on health & dental plans
- 401k/ RRSP employer matching up to 3.5%
- Pet insurance
- Flexible work schedule
- Fully remote with WFH allowance
- Cell phone allowance
Leafly is on a mission to empower consumers, retailers, and brands in the cannabis space. Built as a strain database more than a decade ago, Leafly has since grown into the world’s leading cannabis marketplace helping over 120 million annual visitors discover the right cannabis for them and buy it from local retailers, for pickup or delivery.
Leafly is the world’s largest trusted resource for cannabis education, information, news, and trends. From our extensive strain database and Cannabis 101 to our flagship Jobs Report and Social Impact hub, Leafly plays a vital role in destigmatizing cannabis and helping consumers understand the power the plant can play in their own lives. We also partner with other mission-driven organizations to build a more just and equitable industry for all.
The job description is representative of typical duties and responsibilities for the position and is not all-inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned in accordance with business needs. Prior cannabis convictions are not an automatic disqualifier. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics. A background check will be conducted after a conditional offer of employment is extended.